– circular saw
– old chairs
Total cost $55.00
As you know I moved my old dining table to our outside entertainment area! The chairs that match that table were very modern looking so I decided to make them into bench seats! I have always wanted bench seats but find them too expensive, some aware any where between $800-$1000 for the look I wanted.
STEP 1 :-
Remove the seat base from all chairs! I had 10 chairs so I grouped them into 5 and 5. I removed the seat base because it was angled and blocked the chairs from being equal in spacing.
– screw all the bases together, I used screws I had around the house! Majority of my DIYs are done with materials I already have around the house.
– Cut the backs off , I used the backs for fire wood!
– I used treated pine lengths because they’re cheap. If I was to use a slab of timber it was going to be $200-$300 just for the timber.
– $55 for the treated pine , the screws I already had.
– I did a white wash on the timber and I didn’t like the look. I found some old sample stain I had around the house and used that to create the same look as the bench top. I still need to do a second coat to make it look darker so it matches better with the bench top.