Well here in Australia we’re heading into summer and that means the entertaining season is starting 💃🙌…..what better way to start off the season then to share with you all my diy/budget friendly secrets to creating the prefect place to gather with family and friends without costing a small house! 😂…
✖️First up is my budget friendly table for 12 adults ( 14 with children) …
– I purchased 4 sets from ikea ( 4 chairs , 1 table in each set) the cost was $600 all up! I connected the 4 tables to create 1 big table that has a country look….
✖️Next up is my diy bench chairs!…
– I had 16 chairs due to buying the 4 sets, I need to maximise the setting as much as I could due to have a big family!….especially at Christmas time!….
– I used two chairs and screwed them together , cut off the handles that touched and placed a brace across the back of them for support!
-this bench chair fits 3 children! 🙌
✖️ I wanted some colour and a feature on our walls….
– I used a free timber pallet from Bunnings and turned it into a pot feature full of colour!
– I removed some planks and then screwed then under to create a shelf for the pots!
-white washed with some white paint 🌷
✖️ another timber pallet wall plant hanging…
✖️ ikea shoes box that hides our shoes..
✖️another 1 of the 16 chairs I got from the ikea sets..
✖️cushion cover I made out a old vintage coffee bag!..
✖️chalk board fun!….
– I created this chalk board from an old photo frame I received for free!
-painted the frame, used chalk paint for the back board!
This is a fun little board that my family and extend family use for special occasions…
✖️ window servery on a budget…
– this servery I made out of a ikea counter top that was discontinued, it was so cheap!!
– the brackets I got from Bunnings!
– I screwed the brackets straight into the wall and screwed the top to the brackets from underneath…
This is a life saver, the window above is a bi fold which allowed me to pass all the food out and place straight on the servery! It allows our guest to serve their own food and also allows for a fast clean up, just pass all the dishes back through the window straight into the kitchen!
✖️all decor items are from Kmart or ikea 🙌👍
So you don’t need a lot of money or need to spend a lot of money on a summer entertainment area! It’s all about finding items that are cheap and just styling to suit your area 😊